On a 1983 single, Madonna called upon listeners worldwide to take a Holiday from their cares, let loose, and celebrate – ah, that was a more innocent time. On their latest single, Play N Skillz bring the retro classic (mixed with a melodic dash of the Beach Boys’ Kokomo) into the year 2011, with a minor thematic adjustment; Things You Do finds the Texan emcee/producers traveling the globe not for the purpose of good times and togetherness, but to get into a supermodel-esque shawty’s pants. Over their own glossy, electro-pop boardwork (actually heavier on the synths than the ‘80s original), Juan and Oscar Salinas inform the girl in question that, whatever exotic destination turns her on, she need only say the word and they’ll be on their way. Assisting on the guest tip is the currently-ubiquitous Snoop Dogg, who paints a tempting lyrical portrait of “jet-skis, green trees,” private jets and poolside relaxation on the front. So, readers, does this catchy cut leave you itching to spend a little more time with Play N Skillz? Then keep it locked for release details on their Alter Egoes LP, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 02/3/11
Submit your Rating
Heirs Entertainment /G4
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who Da Shit ft. Mannie Fresh" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)