A buzzmaking rap duo hailing from Sin City, Play On Words make their grand entrance into the Booth with a freshly-minted single off their latest street album. True to their collaborative name, partners-in-rhyme Nate Quest and Nick Crucial take this cut as an opportunity to showcases their facility with the English language. From its acronymic title (“BOTS” stands for “Brothers of the sun.”) down to the duo’s blunted verses, the record brims with double-meanings and vivid turns of phrase. Omari T. provides a mellow, summery beat to accompany their bars. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on POW’s Suns of God street album, available now for free download via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 09/23/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)