A buzzmaking rap duo hailing from Sin City, Play On Words make their grand entrance into the Booth with a freshly-minted single off their latest street album. True to their collaborative name, partners-in-rhyme Nate Quest and Nick Crucial take this cut as an opportunity to showcases their facility with the English language. From its acronymic title (“BOTS” stands for “Brothers of the sun.”) down to the duo’s blunted verses, the record brims with double-meanings and vivid turns of phrase. Omari T. provides a mellow, summery beat to accompany their bars. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on POW’s Suns of God street album, available now for free download via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 09/23/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.