Quick trivia question: who’s the richest man in the world? Nope, not Bill Gates. Oh, you thought it was Warren Buffet? Some Saudi prince? Mark Zuckerberg? Wrong, wrong and wrong. The man with Earth’s largest checking account is Mexican telecommunications king Carlos Slim, a fact Play-N-Skillz are undoubtedly aware of as they begin their own quest to unseat Slim with new single Richest Man. Unfortunately for the Texas duo the currency they’re trading in are mistakes and heartbreak, which sadly can’t be used to actually buy, well, anything. But they can be used as inspiration for a pounding, instantly catchy beat and easily relatable vocals from the brothers (alongside an unnamed female singer), so at least they have that going for them. And if we’re talking money and women you know Pitbull had to be involved, right? Add in yet another solid guest verse from Mr. 305 and you’ve got a track that feels destined for radio success – and will hopefully pad Play-N-Skillz cash reserves in the process. Unfortunately, it’s going to take a lot of single sales to top Carlos Slim’s $63 billion, but hey, even the Richest Man in the world had to start somewhere.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/13/12
Submit your Rating
Heirs Entertainment /G4
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who Da Shit" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.