No, that is not a typo; Talib Kweli and Hurricane Chris are really on the same track. What could possibly bring these artists, known for two wildly different styles of hip-hop, together? The recession, of course! On this newly-leaked record, the Brooklyn Blacksmith and the Shreveport Ratchet head down to Dallas to Go Get The Money and help artists/producers Play N Skillz overcome their own recession story. Though the twosome never actually got paid for their Grammy-winning work on Lil Wayne & T-Pain‘s Got Money, they’re still on the grind—here, Play (the rapper) and Skillz (the singer) each step up to the mic to detail their dedication to their hustle. There’s nothing new to report on forthcoming LP Out Tha Box, but if Play N Skillz succeed in proving their Recession Proof status with their latest mixtape (which also has yet to receive a release date), the studio album may well follow close behind.
Written by Burmy on 05/26/09
Submit your Rating
Heirs Entertainment /G4
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who Da Shit ft. Mannie Fresh" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)