No, that is not a typo; Talib Kweli and Hurricane Chris are really on the same track. What could possibly bring these artists, known for two wildly different styles of hip-hop, together? The recession, of course! On this newly-leaked record, the Brooklyn Blacksmith and the Shreveport Ratchet head down to Dallas to Go Get The Money and help artists/producers Play N Skillz overcome their own recession story. Though the twosome never actually got paid for their Grammy-winning work on Lil Wayne & T-Pain‘s Got Money, they’re still on the grind—here, Play (the rapper) and Skillz (the singer) each step up to the mic to detail their dedication to their hustle. There’s nothing new to report on forthcoming LP Out Tha Box, but if Play N Skillz succeed in proving their Recession Proof status with their latest mixtape (which also has yet to receive a release date), the studio album may well follow close behind.
Written by Burmy on 05/26/09
Submit your Rating
Heirs Entertainment /G4
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who Da Shit ft. Mannie Fresh" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.