Messengers of peace and enlightenment from the Planet VI, Don’t Talk Much and Da Spokesman take their debut single as an opportunity to warn listeners about about one of the chief threats to harmony and balance in today’s society: the unchecked desire for worldly renown. Here, the atmospheric synths and delayed-handclap percussion of Cam Wallace set the mood for a meditation on the steep price of Fame—aka, ”the most deadliest drug known to man.” In lyrically acute verses, the U.S. Virgin Islands-bred brothers (and freestyle series alumni) lament the power of the limelight, and the big money that often comes with it, to turn friends into vicious competitors: “If you a crab in a bucket, you gon’ pull a n*gga down without thinking nothing of it.” Guest duties fall to RCA Records singer/songwriter/producer Bei Maejor, who delivers understated backing vocals throughout the record. Digging this up-and-coming twosome’s out-of-this-world sound? Then keep it locked for further news and tunes leading up to the release of Planet VI’s yet-unscheduled debut LP, The American Dream.
Written by richard on 12/7/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sex, Drugs & RocknRoll" (2011)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.