Messengers of peace and enlightenment from the Planet VI, Don’t Talk Much and Da Spokesman take their debut single as an opportunity to warn listeners about about one of the chief threats to harmony and balance in today’s society: the unchecked desire for worldly renown. Here, the atmospheric synths and delayed-handclap percussion of Cam Wallace set the mood for a meditation on the steep price of Fame—aka, ”the most deadliest drug known to man.” In lyrically acute verses, the U.S. Virgin Islands-bred brothers (and freestyle series alumni) lament the power of the limelight, and the big money that often comes with it, to turn friends into vicious competitors: “If you a crab in a bucket, you gon’ pull a n*gga down without thinking nothing of it.” Guest duties fall to RCA Records singer/songwriter/producer Bei Maejor, who delivers understated backing vocals throughout the record. Digging this up-and-coming twosome’s out-of-this-world sound? Then keep it locked for further news and tunes leading up to the release of Planet VI’s yet-unscheduled debut LP, The American Dream.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sex, Drugs & RocknRoll" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.