Planet Asia is known for spitting the kind of intricate spiritual and metaphysical reflections that send listeners scurrying for RapGenius, but you shouldn’t mistake his intellectual bent for a lack of fire and aggression; when he wants to, the man can tear up a beat like a f**king Barbarian. On this unreleased loosie, coming on the heels of mid-March’s Reflections (Apollo Brown Remix), the Fresno underground mainstay slings his sword across his back and rides into battle over frequent collaborator DirtyDiggs‘s appropriately warlike sample work. In bloodthirsty bars, P.A. draws a sharp line between himself and his so-called peers in the game: “This ain’t your everyday A-B-C Sesame Street Down Syndrome rap retarded c**n n**ga program / This is that Asiatic thug sh*t.” Has this belligerent banger left you craving more? You’re in luck; though The Barbarian isn’t attached to a larger project, Planet Asia and DirtyDiggs are hard at work on a free digital full-length, Egyptian Merchandise. Keep it locked for further details on the set, which is currently unscheduled.
Written by richard on 03/30/14
Submit your Rating
Gold Chain Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin' Wrong" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.