In 2013, Fresno underground mainstay Planet Asia hooked up with beatsmith Gensu Dean to drop the critically-acclaimed Abrasions LP. On the emcee’s latest release of the new year, Motown’s Apollo Brown jumps behind the boards to put his own spin on a handful of tracks off the aforementioned project. On this freshly-minted revamp of Reflections, Brown takes Dean’s place behind the boards, replacing the latter’s funky instrumental backdrop with something a little more soulful. His chopped keys, vocals and guitar riffs form a pleasingly mellow backdrop for the headliner’s introspective, yet bruising bars. As P.A. puts it on verse two, “F**k all the corny renditions ‘cause this is real official.” I’ll let y’all decide whether this take on the cut tops the original. Released January 14, via Mello Music Group, Abrasions: Stitched Up is available now for digital purchase.
Written by richard on 03/16/14
Submit your Rating
Gold Chain Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin' Wrong" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.