In 2013, Fresno underground mainstay Planet Asia hooked up with beatsmith Gensu Dean to drop the critically-acclaimed Abrasions LP. On the emcee’s latest release of the new year, Motown’s Apollo Brown jumps behind the boards to put his own spin on a handful of tracks off the aforementioned project. On this freshly-minted revamp of Reflections, Brown takes Dean’s place behind the boards, replacing the latter’s funky instrumental backdrop with something a little more soulful. His chopped keys, vocals and guitar riffs form a pleasingly mellow backdrop for the headliner’s introspective, yet bruising bars. As P.A. puts it on verse two, “F**k all the corny renditions ‘cause this is real official.” I’ll let y’all decide whether this take on the cut tops the original. Released January 14, via Mello Music Group, Abrasions: Stitched Up is available now for digital purchase.
Written by richard on 03/16/14
Submit your Rating
Gold Chain Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin' Wrong" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)