In 2013, Fresno underground mainstay Planet Asia hooked up with beatsmith Gensu Dean to drop the critically-acclaimed Abrasions LP. On the emcee’s latest release of the new year, Motown’s Apollo Brown jumps behind the boards to put his own spin on a handful of tracks off the aforementioned project. On this freshly-minted revamp of Reflections, Brown takes Dean’s place behind the boards, replacing the latter’s funky instrumental backdrop with something a little more soulful. His chopped keys, vocals and guitar riffs form a pleasingly mellow backdrop for the headliner’s introspective, yet bruising bars. As P.A. puts it on verse two, “F**k all the corny renditions ‘cause this is real official.” I’ll let y’all decide whether this take on the cut tops the original. Released January 14, via Mello Music Group, Abrasions: Stitched Up is available now for digital purchase.
Written by richard on 03/16/14
Gold Chain Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin' Wrong" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)