In 2013, Fresno underground mainstay Planet Asia hooked up with beatsmith Gensu Dean to drop the critically-acclaimed Abrasions LP. On the emcee’s latest release of the new year, Motown’s Apollo Brown jumps behind the boards to put his own spin on a handful of tracks off the aforementioned project. On this freshly-minted revamp of Reflections, Brown takes Dean’s place behind the boards, replacing the latter’s funky instrumental backdrop with something a little more soulful. His chopped keys, vocals and guitar riffs form a pleasingly mellow backdrop for the headliner’s introspective, yet bruising bars. As P.A. puts it on verse two, “F**k all the corny renditions ‘cause this is real official.” I’ll let y’all decide whether this take on the cut tops the original. Released January 14, via Mello Music Group, Abrasions: Stitched Up is available now for digital purchase.
Written by richard on 03/16/14
Gold Chain Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin' Wrong" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.