Aside from a recent guest appearance on Mean Doe Green‘s Blue Ribbon Rap, underground mainstay Planet Asia‘s been absent from the Booth for a lo-o-o-ng time. Seriously – last we heard from him, Bush was still President and I had yet to pen my first DJBooth.net track review. What’s he been up to in the meantime? Depends on who’s asking.; if it’s the authorities, the answer is “Nothin’ Wrong.” The rest of us can find a more detailed – and considerably seamier – account of the emcee’s paper chase on this unreleased joint (a DJBooth-exclusive world premiere!). Over the smooth funk-soul sample work of production duo Nascent and QB, the artist informs us “I was never the one to bite my tongue,” and proceeds to prove that assertion accurate, describing his grind for the cheddar (and what he’s gonna do once he gets it) in vividly poetic lyrical detail. Details on the project that will feature this high-rolling banger have yet to be determined, but you can count on the Booth to keep you posted on all the latest developments in Planet Asia’s hustle.
Written by richard on 12/16/10
Submit your Rating
Gold Chain Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On the Corner" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.