Aside from a recent guest appearance on Mean Doe Green‘s Blue Ribbon Rap, underground mainstay Planet Asia‘s been absent from the Booth for a lo-o-o-ng time. Seriously – last we heard from him, Bush was still President and I had yet to pen my first DJBooth.net track review. What’s he been up to in the meantime? Depends on who’s asking.; if it’s the authorities, the answer is “Nothin’ Wrong.” The rest of us can find a more detailed – and considerably seamier – account of the emcee’s paper chase on this unreleased joint (a DJBooth-exclusive world premiere!). Over the smooth funk-soul sample work of production duo Nascent and QB, the artist informs us “I was never the one to bite my tongue,” and proceeds to prove that assertion accurate, describing his grind for the cheddar (and what he’s gonna do once he gets it) in vividly poetic lyrical detail. Details on the project that will feature this high-rolling banger have yet to be determined, but you can count on the Booth to keep you posted on all the latest developments in Planet Asia’s hustle.
Written by richard on 12/16/10
Submit your Rating
Gold Chain Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On the Corner" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.