I don’t want to be one of those old hip-hop heads who spend his days complaining about how everything was better way back when. I really don’t. But as much as I try to expand my musical boundaries, as soon as a track like No Apologies comes on my head starts automatically nodding - and f**k it, I’m not apologizing. One of the west coast’s true vets, Planet Asia, reached across to the right coast to to the impeccable Raekwon for No Apologies, picking up a soulful, smoothed out beat from Oh No along the way that’s a far cry from the dark work he just wrapped up with Gangrene. Both emcees lay down exactly the type of unshakable bars you’d expect, with The Chef fittingly pausing only to shout out grilled cheese. If you’re digging what you’re hearing, and I’m pretty sure you are, be sure to cop Asia’s Black Belt Theater album, also featuring Talib Kweli, Fashawn and more, coming out tomorrow (2/28) and available for pre-order right now. Enjoy, and don’t ever apologize for being an old school hip-hop head.
Gold Chain Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin' Wrong" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!