Absent from our front page since dropping off reader-acclaimed EP inclusion You Go Slavia in October of last year, Planet Asia returns to kick off his 2014 with Light Beams, a loosie pulled from the vault in honor of Black History Month. Though this joint dates back to 2011, it doesn’t show any signs of age—on the contrary, it sounds as fresh as the day it was recorded. Here, beatsmith DirtyDiggs‘s deft flip of The 5th Dimension’s Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In sets the mood as Planet Asia commits what Das Racist might call “metaphysical spiritual lyrical murder.” If this unreleased jam’s whet your appetite for more, stay tuned; the Fresno representative doesn’t currently have any forthcoming projects on the agenda, but we in the Booth will keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/23/14
Submit your Rating
Gold Chain Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin' Wrong" (2010)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.