Absent from our front page since dropping off reader-acclaimed EP inclusion You Go Slavia in October of last year, Planet Asia returns to kick off his 2014 with Light Beams, a loosie pulled from the vault in honor of Black History Month. Though this joint dates back to 2011, it doesn’t show any signs of age—on the contrary, it sounds as fresh as the day it was recorded. Here, beatsmith DirtyDiggs‘s deft flip of The 5th Dimension’s Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In sets the mood as Planet Asia commits what Das Racist might call “metaphysical spiritual lyrical murder.” If this unreleased jam’s whet your appetite for more, stay tuned; the Fresno representative doesn’t currently have any forthcoming projects on the agenda, but we in the Booth will keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/23/14
Submit your Rating
Gold Chain Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin' Wrong" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.