It’s completely and utterly cliché, but true: when you’re in love, even the seeming flaws of a person are transformed into marks of beauty. What to do, then, when the object of your affection is unable to see the good in him - or herself – and takes that insecurity out on you? Such is the dilemma faced by Booth newcomer PJ Simas, who presents a “Diagnosis of a Beautiful Mind” on this newly-leaked cut off his latest full-length. Here, the 21-year-old San Luis Obispo resident showcases his skills on both sides of the boards, crafting a downbeat synth-guitar arrangement for his emotionally-charged verses, which find him lamenting his inability to connect with his girl any longer. Though he makes a sincere effort to see things from her perspective, all his attempts are in vain, and the record ends on a note of desperation: “Is this what I deserve? To be harassed as a person, to be told by my boo straight up I don’t deserve them.” Heavy stuff, too be sure – but I have a feeling all too many will be able to relate to the artist’s plight. If you can appreciate this joint’s emotionally raw style, more hot beats and real talk await on Simas’ Triple Play LP, released April 29, and out now online.
Written by richard on 05/16/11
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.