Back in January, up-and-coming singer/songwriter (and Maroon 5 keyboardist) PJ Morton jump-started the buzz for his YMCMB solo debut with Only One, a Stevie Wonder-assisted single which earned the hearty approval of Booth staff and regulars. Those who were feeling the aforementioned joint will be pleased to hear that Work It Out, the latest promo release off the project, boasts a similarly classic, yet contemporary vibe. Though Morton’s streamlined, atmospheric synth production is attuned to current tastes, his warm, melodic vocals imbue the cut with a timeless feel. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for more fresh cuts leading up to the May 14, release of PJ’s freshman set, New Orleans.
Written by richard on 04/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.