In March 2012, when a freshly-signed PJ Morton introduced himself to our pages with Lover, readers weren’t exactly falling all over themselves to embrace the rising R&B star. With 11 more months of artistic growth behind him, the Young Money signee returns to try his luck once again with new single Only One—and, if my ears don’t deceive me, I have a feeling the second time’s gonna be the charm. On this romantic, mid-tempo cut, the singer exhibits a dynamic, engaging vocal presence and an expanded musical palette as he addresses a female object of his affection over his and Warryn “Baby Dubb” Campbell‘s jazz-infused production. And did I mention that the one and only Stevie Wonder lends a hand on harmonica? If PJ Morton’s succeeded in winning you over with this soulful selection, than keep it locked; solo debut New Orleans is currently slated for release on May 14.
Written by richard on 01/29/13
The name PJ Morton might be new to some, but the man has been a part of the music industry for years. The son of gospel singer Paul S. Morton, PJ received his first big break when he joined pop-rock band Maroon 5 as a...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.