As hard as it can be not to lash out in anger when hurt by someone you love, it’s rare that hotheaded behavior does anything but intensify and prolong both parties’ misery. A firm believer, with John Lennon, that life is too damn short for fussing and fighting, brand new Young Money signee PJ Morton demands a cease-fire in the seemingly constant war between him and his girl on new EP single Lover. With Morton’s own synth boardwork as his canvas, the up-and-comer admits that he’s no longer even sure what they’re arguing about, and offers to set aside his grievances if the woman in question does the same. Otherwise, he’s perfectly willing to throw in the towel and walk away from their love: “If you think this is the way to be / I’m sorry, this ain’t gonna work for me.” A proudly intoxicated Weezy (“I got that gin in my system / Somebody gon’ be my victim.”) guests on the back, expressing complete confidence in his ability to f*ck his way out of any relationship problem. Need more PJ Morton in your life? You’re in luck; released today, Following My First Mind is available now for free download from the artist’s official site.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Only One" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.