As hard as it can be not to lash out in anger when hurt by someone you love, it’s rare that hotheaded behavior does anything but intensify and prolong both parties’ misery. A firm believer, with John Lennon, that life is too damn short for fussing and fighting, brand new Young Money signee PJ Morton demands a cease-fire in the seemingly constant war between him and his girl on new EP single Lover. With Morton’s own synth boardwork as his canvas, the up-and-comer admits that he’s no longer even sure what they’re arguing about, and offers to set aside his grievances if the woman in question does the same. Otherwise, he’s perfectly willing to throw in the towel and walk away from their love: “If you think this is the way to be / I’m sorry, this ain’t gonna work for me.” A proudly intoxicated Weezy (“I got that gin in my system / Somebody gon’ be my victim.”) guests on the back, expressing complete confidence in his ability to f*ck his way out of any relationship problem. Need more PJ Morton in your life? You’re in luck; released today, Following My First Mind is available now for free download from the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 03/27/12
The name PJ Morton might be new to some, but the man has been a part of the music industry for years. The son of gospel singer Paul S. Morton, PJ received his first big break when he joined pop-rock band Maroon 5 as a...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Only One" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.