As hard as it can be not to lash out in anger when hurt by someone you love, it’s rare that hotheaded behavior does anything but intensify and prolong both parties’ misery. A firm believer, with John Lennon, that life is too damn short for fussing and fighting, brand new Young Money signee PJ Morton demands a cease-fire in the seemingly constant war between him and his girl on new EP single Lover. With Morton’s own synth boardwork as his canvas, the up-and-comer admits that he’s no longer even sure what they’re arguing about, and offers to set aside his grievances if the woman in question does the same. Otherwise, he’s perfectly willing to throw in the towel and walk away from their love: “If you think this is the way to be / I’m sorry, this ain’t gonna work for me.” A proudly intoxicated Weezy (“I got that gin in my system / Somebody gon’ be my victim.”) guests on the back, expressing complete confidence in his ability to f*ck his way out of any relationship problem. Need more PJ Morton in your life? You’re in luck; released today, Following My First Mind is available now for free download from the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 03/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Only One" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.