Judging by the impressive number of five-star reviews that greeted his first Booth feature, A Blur, up-and-coming beatsmith PJ Katz has already accumulated a sizable cult following of clued-in hip-hop heads. Perhaps it’s appropriate, then, that the Albany native’s named his follow-up feature after an actual cult leader: namely Marshall Applewhite, the Heaven’s Gate leader who convinced his followers that consuming large quantities of barbituates would somehow help them hitch a ride on the Hale-Bopp comet. Thankfully, the record doesn’t involve any apocalyptic dogma or suicide pacts—just dope rhymes (courtesy of Giant Gorilla Dog Thing and Gorilla Tao) over a funky, sampled beat. Oh, and a live-action, rapping version of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, as seen in the official visuals. Fans can find this record and many more bangers on Katz’ 92 Renault Music tape, set to drop October 16, via Pig Food Records.
Written by richard on 10/3/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)