Judging by the impressive number of five-star reviews that greeted his first Booth feature, A Blur, up-and-coming beatsmith PJ Katz has already accumulated a sizable cult following of clued-in hip-hop heads. Perhaps it’s appropriate, then, that the Albany native’s named his follow-up feature after an actual cult leader: namely Marshall Applewhite, the Heaven’s Gate leader who convinced his followers that consuming large quantities of barbituates would somehow help them hitch a ride on the Hale-Bopp comet. Thankfully, the record doesn’t involve any apocalyptic dogma or suicide pacts—just dope rhymes (courtesy of Giant Gorilla Dog Thing and Gorilla Tao) over a funky, sampled beat. Oh, and a live-action, rapping version of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, as seen in the official visuals. Fans can find this record and many more bangers on Katz’ 92 Renault Music tape, set to drop October 16, via Pig Food Records.
Written by richard on 10/3/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.