PJ Katz may be new to our pages, but rest assured that he’s doing everything humanly possible to make up for lost time. Matter of fact, the Albany beatsmith’s been grinding so hard lately that the whole past year feels like A Blur. On this freshly-released album standout, Katz showcases a production style firmly rooted in the classics, filleting a mournful soul sample over a compulsively head-noddable boom-bap rhythm as Rochester-repping guest rhymesayer Moses Rockwell gives listeners the rundown on his own relentless hustle to make it. With a hella-fide work ethic and a sound sure to please fans of vintage, East Coast grooves, Katz seems destined to do big things in the DJBooth and beyond—or have I got it twisted? If you like what you’re hearing, plenty more bangers await on the producer’s ‘92 Renault Music LP, due out October 16, via Pig Food Records.
Written by richard on 09/26/12
Submit your Rating
Pig Food Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Marshall Applewhite" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.