When you’re looking for comfort and style, there’s no beating a pair of White Louie V’s; if they’re a little beat up and stained with champagne, so much the fresher. On the latest single off his forthcoming street album, Pittsburgh Slim pays tribute to the kicks that exemplify his causally fly style. Backed by the understated synth grooves of production heavyweight Ski Beatz, the artist exults in his ability to look good on a budget—if he can do it, his higher-rolling peers have no damn excuse for looking grungy. On the back, he crows, “Authenticity is easy; it’s hard to be fake.” Like what you’re hearing? The keep your browsers locked for more fresh song releases leading up to the arrival of Weekend at Slimmie’s in March of next year.
Written by richard on 10/19/12
Submit your Rating
Four Twelve Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Champagne " (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.