When you’re looking for comfort and style, there’s no beating a pair of White Louie V’s; if they’re a little beat up and stained with champagne, so much the fresher. On the latest single off his forthcoming street album, Pittsburgh Slim pays tribute to the kicks that exemplify his causally fly style. Backed by the understated synth grooves of production heavyweight Ski Beatz, the artist exults in his ability to look good on a budget—if he can do it, his higher-rolling peers have no damn excuse for looking grungy. On the back, he crows, “Authenticity is easy; it’s hard to be fake.” Like what you’re hearing? The keep your browsers locked for more fresh song releases leading up to the arrival of Weekend at Slimmie’s in March of next year.
Written by richard on 10/19/12
Submit your Rating
Four Twelve Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Champagne " (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.