When you’re looking for comfort and style, there’s no beating a pair of White Louie V’s; if they’re a little beat up and stained with champagne, so much the fresher. On the latest single off his forthcoming street album, Pittsburgh Slim pays tribute to the kicks that exemplify his causally fly style. Backed by the understated synth grooves of production heavyweight Ski Beatz, the artist exults in his ability to look good on a budget—if he can do it, his higher-rolling peers have no damn excuse for looking grungy. On the back, he crows, “Authenticity is easy; it’s hard to be fake.” Like what you’re hearing? The keep your browsers locked for more fresh song releases leading up to the arrival of Weekend at Slimmie’s in March of next year.
Written by richard on 10/19/12
Submit your Rating
Four Twelve Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Champagne " (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.