On his last single, Wild Wild Love, Pitbull injected a little folk-rock into his dancefloor-ready sound. While it didn’t reach the stature of his biggest hits, the experiment was enough of a success for the hip-pop hitmaker to take a similarly eclectic approach on his latest release, a single recorded to promote Brazil’s upcoming World Cup. We Are One (Ole Ola), is an ode to international unity with an quirky, adrenaline-pumping vibe. The unknown producer’s instrumental pinballs between a verse driven by clean guitar strums and whistling, and a blistering, woodwind-laced chorus (complete with stadium-ready “ole ola” chants). Fellow Latin-pop giant Jennifer Lopez urges listeners to shout along in her vibrant middle verse, and Brazilian pop phenom Claudia Leitte busts out a little Portuguese on the back end. One Love, One Rhythm: The Official 2014 FIFA World Cup is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers May 9. Fans are also encouraged to check out Janelle Monáe‘s cover of David Bowie’s Heroes, not featured on the LP but also associated with the World Cup.
Written by richard on 05/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Bojangles" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.