On his last single, Wild Wild Love, Pitbull injected a little folk-rock into his dancefloor-ready sound. While it didn’t reach the stature of his biggest hits, the experiment was enough of a success for the hip-pop hitmaker to take a similarly eclectic approach on his latest release, a single recorded to promote Brazil’s upcoming World Cup. We Are One (Ole Ola), is an ode to international unity with an quirky, adrenaline-pumping vibe. The unknown producer’s instrumental pinballs between a verse driven by clean guitar strums and whistling, and a blistering, woodwind-laced chorus (complete with stadium-ready “ole ola” chants). Fellow Latin-pop giant Jennifer Lopez urges listeners to shout along in her vibrant middle verse, and Brazilian pop phenom Claudia Leitte busts out a little Portuguese on the back end. One Love, One Rhythm: The Official 2014 FIFA World Cup is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers May 9. Fans are also encouraged to check out Janelle Monáe‘s cover of David Bowie’s Heroes, not featured on the LP but also associated with the World Cup.
Written by richard on 05/16/14
Submit your Rating
PoloGrounds/J/Mr. 305 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Bojangles" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.