If you’re average recording artist is an artisan, meticulously hand-crafting each record before releasing it to the public, then Pitbull is a one-man assembly line. That’s not a criticism of his work – it’s just that the man has the speed and consistency of a f*cking machine. Though International Love hit our front page just a week and change ago, the Latin-rap heavyweight’s already cooked up a dancefloor-scorching follow-up in the form of Rain Over Me. RedOne mans the boards, serving up the obligatory four-on-the-floor percussion and sizzling synth chords as Pit laces the beat with his trademark bilingual, party-ready brand of lyrical fire. Most importantly (to me, anyways), he continues to raise the bar for ridiculousness in game-spitting. This joint’s take-away line: “I’m freaky, baby, and I’ma make sure your peach feels peachy, baby.” Returning the favor on his wife’s behalf (Pit assisted on J-Lo‘s On the Floor), Marc Anthony lends his powerful pipes to the chorus. How does Rain measure up to the artist’s previous banger? That’s for you to decide. Whatever your take, you can expect plenty more dancefoor-packing freshness on Planet Pit, out June 21.
PoloGrounds/J/Mr. 305 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Bojangles" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.