Though the three studio albums he released at TVT Records were chock full of club bangers, Pitbull has scored his biggest hits to date (the Lil’ Jon-assisted Krazy, which peaked at #30 on the Billboard Hot 100 and I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho), which hit #11), as a free agent. That independent success has landed him a deal with major label Polo Grounds Music/J Records. Though the two aforementioned singles have since been re-released, today we present the emcee’s first all-original single at his new label home. For his newest party jam, Mr. 305 and hitmaking producer Jim Jonsin bring a few ladies back to their suite for some Hotel Room Service. In keeping with Pit’s recent penchant for classic club samples, Mr. Rebel Rock backs the rapper’s rhymes with a snippet of the Nightcrawlers’ house standard Push the Feeling On. Expect Pitbull to continue heating up dancefloors everywhere this summer, building fan anticipation for Rebelution‘s September 1st release.
Written by Burmy on 05/20/09
Submit your Rating
PoloGrounds/J/Mr. 305 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Bojangles" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.