Put down that “Big Book of Pick-Up Lines,” fellas – why overcomplicate things (and risk getting slapped) when a simple “Hey Baby” will suffice? On the latest single off his album-after-next, Planet Pit, the Latin-rap kingpin and hip-hop’s foremost top hat-rocking Auto-Tune enthusiast hook up to mack on some honeys at the local spot. If this single, subtitled Drop It to the Floor, sounds a little low-concept to you, that’s because it is; nonetheless, all the pieces are in place for a club smash. Sandy Vee‘s sizzling synths and four-on-the-floor percussion serve as an appropriately body-moving backdrop for Pit’s characteristically energetic rhymes, which center around – what else? – booty, cash, and more booty. T-Pain sets the cherry on top of the compulsively-danceable sundae, contributing a catchy chorus drenched in everyone’s favorite studio effect. Like what you’re hearing? Those craving more should keep it locked for the latest on Planet Pit, scheduled to drop sometime after the October release of Spanish-language LP Armando.
Written by richard on 09/2/10
PoloGrounds/J/Mr. 305 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Bojangles" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.