Put down that “Big Book of Pick-Up Lines,” fellas – why overcomplicate things (and risk getting slapped) when a simple “Hey Baby” will suffice? On the latest single off his album-after-next, Planet Pit, the Latin-rap kingpin and hip-hop’s foremost top hat-rocking Auto-Tune enthusiast hook up to mack on some honeys at the local spot. If this single, subtitled Drop It to the Floor, sounds a little low-concept to you, that’s because it is; nonetheless, all the pieces are in place for a club smash. Sandy Vee‘s sizzling synths and four-on-the-floor percussion serve as an appropriately body-moving backdrop for Pit’s characteristically energetic rhymes, which center around – what else? – booty, cash, and more booty. T-Pain sets the cherry on top of the compulsively-danceable sundae, contributing a catchy chorus drenched in everyone’s favorite studio effect. Like what you’re hearing? Those craving more should keep it locked for the latest on Planet Pit, scheduled to drop sometime after the October release of Spanish-language LP Armando.
Written by richard on 09/2/10
Submit your Rating
PoloGrounds/J/Mr. 305 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Bojangles" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)