Put down that “Big Book of Pick-Up Lines,” fellas – why overcomplicate things (and risk getting slapped) when a simple “Hey Baby” will suffice? On the latest single off his album-after-next, Planet Pit, the Latin-rap kingpin and hip-hop’s foremost top hat-rocking Auto-Tune enthusiast hook up to mack on some honeys at the local spot. If this single, subtitled Drop It to the Floor, sounds a little low-concept to you, that’s because it is; nonetheless, all the pieces are in place for a club smash. Sandy Vee‘s sizzling synths and four-on-the-floor percussion serve as an appropriately body-moving backdrop for Pit’s characteristically energetic rhymes, which center around – what else? – booty, cash, and more booty. T-Pain sets the cherry on top of the compulsively-danceable sundae, contributing a catchy chorus drenched in everyone’s favorite studio effect. Like what you’re hearing? Those craving more should keep it locked for the latest on Planet Pit, scheduled to drop sometime after the October release of Spanish-language LP Armando.
Written by richard on 09/2/10
PoloGrounds/J/Mr. 305 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Bojangles" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)