For the past year, Pitbull has been dropping hits, hits, and more hits in preparation for the release of his senior album, Rebelution. Though that approach has resulted in considerable Billboard success, there are some who have taken issue with Mr. 305’s decision to forgo the typical Miami “street rap” route in favor of more universally-appealing fare. Pit would be be the first to tell you how sick he is of that “f*ckboy” (local term) hip-hop, but, on this potential single, he’s decided to Give Them What They Ask For. As the hitmaking emcee proves that he’s got as much street cred as anyone in the MIA, Pointblank The Marksman heightens the mood with an appropriately bass-heavy beat. Whether you prefer club-hop smashes or grittier jams, you’re sure to find plenty to your liking on Rebelution when the LP drops this Tuesday (September 1st) off Polo Grounds/J Records.
Written by Burmy on 08/30/09
Submit your Rating
PoloGrounds/J/Mr. 305 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Bojangles" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.