For the past year, Pitbull has been dropping hits, hits, and more hits in preparation for the release of his senior album, Rebelution. Though that approach has resulted in considerable Billboard success, there are some who have taken issue with Mr. 305’s decision to forgo the typical Miami “street rap” route in favor of more universally-appealing fare. Pit would be be the first to tell you how sick he is of that “f*ckboy” (local term) hip-hop, but, on this potential single, he’s decided to Give Them What They Ask For. As the hitmaking emcee proves that he’s got as much street cred as anyone in the MIA, Pointblank The Marksman heightens the mood with an appropriately bass-heavy beat. Whether you prefer club-hop smashes or grittier jams, you’re sure to find plenty to your liking on Rebelution when the LP drops this Tuesday (September 1st) off Polo Grounds/J Records.
Written by Burmy on 08/30/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Bojangles" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.