Known for pumping out hits like BP pumps oil into the Gulf (is it too late for that joke?), Pitbull has developed the perfect formula for that thing we call the “single.” Year after year, I’ve heard a Pitbull song blasting through the speakers of my favorite late-night spots. Thankfully, Pit hasn’t changed his ways a bit, as you can hear on his new single Give Me Everything, off his upcoming album PlanetPit. Afrojack provides the production, providing a mix of hip hop and electro fully equipped with stringy synths and uptempo kicks; it’s enough energy to make the Butabi brothers excited. While Ne-Yo and Nayer provide an appropriately catchy hook sure to get the ladies moving, Pitbull comes in for rapid verses about the finer things in life, namely women, and completes it with a sing-along bridge. The result is another sure smash – yeah, I’m calling it now - for Pitbull that’ll surely warm up in the clubs as spring arrives. Pitbull’s PlanetPit drops in May, but with songs like Give Me Everything keeping you moving it’ll be May before you know it.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 02/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Bojangles" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.