In his most recent interview with DJ Z, Pitbull let us all in on his simple yet damned-near-foolproof strategy for success in today’s unforgiving music industry: just drop hits, hits, and more hits. In addition to moving albums, that tactic makes unauthorized leaks less of a liability and more of an opportunity. Across the World is a case in point; leaked last Wednesday, the cut has now been selected as the official follow-up to Rebelution single number four, Hotel Room Service. Does the track have what it takes to score Pit another chart smash? You’d better believe it! With an understated, genuinely catchy sung hook and verse by buzzmaking ATLien B.o.B (aka Bobby Ray), a crisp eight-bit beat by Jim Jonsin, and, of course, the Latin-rap heavyweight’s crowd-pleasing rhymes, this wistful ode to the international grind has a bubbly appeal few will be able to resist. After five singles, listeners should know exactly what to expect from Pit’s latest full-length—if you’ve got a taste for hip-hop ear candy of the street or club-oriented variety, pick up your copy of Rebelution when it hits record stores and online retailers September 1st.
Written by richard on 08/23/09
Submit your Rating
PoloGrounds/J/Mr. 305 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Bojangles" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.