Many ‘anthems’ have made their way into car stereos and club speakers. They include, but are certainly not limited to, street anthems, party anthems, smoking anthems, drinking anthems, player anthems and ridin’ anthems. So what is Pitbull’s new single, The Anthem, all about? Well, to find out you need to speak Spanish. On the other hand, with an infectious club beat from Lil’ Jon and Pitbull’s insane energy and speed on the mic, it doesn’t really matter what language the song is in. The purpose of the ‘anthem’ is to find a partner of the opposite sex and grind it out on the dance floor… until both participants are dripping in their own sweat. So take an ice cold bath and peep Pitbull’s fourth studio album,The Boatlift, on November 27th.
Written by DJ Z on 10/30/07
Submit your Rating
PoloGrounds/J/Mr. 305 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Bojangles" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.