Many ‘anthems’ have made their way into car stereos and club speakers. They include, but are certainly not limited to, street anthems, party anthems, smoking anthems, drinking anthems, player anthems and ridin’ anthems. So what is Pitbull’s new single, The Anthem, all about? Well, to find out you need to speak Spanish. On the other hand, with an infectious club beat from Lil’ Jon and Pitbull’s insane energy and speed on the mic, it doesn’t really matter what language the song is in. The purpose of the ‘anthem’ is to find a partner of the opposite sex and grind it out on the dance floor… until both participants are dripping in their own sweat. So take an ice cold bath and peep Pitbull’s fourth studio album,The Boatlift, on November 27th.
Written by DJ Z on 10/30/07
PoloGrounds/J/Mr. 305 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Bojangles" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.