Though his former label home, TVT Records, filed for bankruptcy in February of 2008, Pitbull hasn’t missed a beat – currently signed to his own label, 305 Music, the Cuban-American rap star is busy looking for distribution for his fourth studio album, Rebelution, which is scheduled for release in February of ‘09. On the latest street single off the forthcoming LP, Pit adds a generous dash of hip hop to Nicole Fasano and Pat Rich’s Latin-tinged 75, Brazil Street in an attempt to give the House hit new life as a dancefloor-filling club record called Calle Ocho. The emcee exudes confidence on the hook, telling a lucky lady, “I know you want me/ You know I want you.” and spitting a few sing-song bars en Español before launching into his English verses. It all adds up to a danceable cut that should get plenty of hip-shaking mileage on the club circuit.
Written by richard on 12/29/08
PoloGrounds/J/Mr. 305 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mr. Bojangles" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.