On their first Booth feature, Pink Grenade promised that in two months, they were going to go from under-the-radar to Famous as F**k. Clearly, they’re feeling confident about their prospects, because they’ve waited two weeks to unleash the follow-up. In contrast to its predecessor’s bubbly pop stylings, new single Light’s Out has a moodier vibe. Jonathan Hay and Mike Smith reprise their role behind the mixing boards, creating an atmospheric instrumental laced with bluesy harmonica. In addition to the SMH Records ensemble’s ear-catching sung and rapped vocals, this cut boats a characteristically impressive guest 16 from Slaughterhouse lyricist Royce Da 5’9”. Is Pink Grenade on track to become the biggest act in he industry within six weeks? Debate away—and keep it locked for further details on their unscheduled debut set, Fear of a Pink Planet.
Written by richard on 07/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Famous as F*ck" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.