On their first Booth feature, Pink Grenade promised that in two months, they were going to go from under-the-radar to Famous as F**k. Clearly, they’re feeling confident about their prospects, because they’ve waited two weeks to unleash the follow-up. In contrast to its predecessor’s bubbly pop stylings, new single Light’s Out has a moodier vibe. Jonathan Hay and Mike Smith reprise their role behind the mixing boards, creating an atmospheric instrumental laced with bluesy harmonica. In addition to the SMH Records ensemble’s ear-catching sung and rapped vocals, this cut boats a characteristically impressive guest 16 from Slaughterhouse lyricist Royce Da 5’9”. Is Pink Grenade on track to become the biggest act in he industry within six weeks? Debate away—and keep it locked for further details on their unscheduled debut set, Fear of a Pink Planet.
Written by richard on 07/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Famous as F*ck" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.