On their first Booth feature, Pink Grenade promised that in two months, they were going to go from under-the-radar to Famous as F**k. Clearly, they’re feeling confident about their prospects, because they’ve waited two weeks to unleash the follow-up. In contrast to its predecessor’s bubbly pop stylings, new single Light’s Out has a moodier vibe. Jonathan Hay and Mike Smith reprise their role behind the mixing boards, creating an atmospheric instrumental laced with bluesy harmonica. In addition to the SMH Records ensemble’s ear-catching sung and rapped vocals, this cut boats a characteristically impressive guest 16 from Slaughterhouse lyricist Royce Da 5’9”. Is Pink Grenade on track to become the biggest act in he industry within six weeks? Debate away—and keep it locked for further details on their unscheduled debut set, Fear of a Pink Planet.
Written by richard on 07/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Famous as F*ck" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.