On their first Booth feature, Pink Grenade promised that in two months, they were going to go from under-the-radar to Famous as F**k. Clearly, they’re feeling confident about their prospects, because they’ve waited two weeks to unleash the follow-up. In contrast to its predecessor’s bubbly pop stylings, new single Light’s Out has a moodier vibe. Jonathan Hay and Mike Smith reprise their role behind the mixing boards, creating an atmospheric instrumental laced with bluesy harmonica. In addition to the SMH Records ensemble’s ear-catching sung and rapped vocals, this cut boats a characteristically impressive guest 16 from Slaughterhouse lyricist Royce Da 5’9”. Is Pink Grenade on track to become the biggest act in he industry within six weeks? Debate away—and keep it locked for further details on their unscheduled debut set, Fear of a Pink Planet.
Written by richard on 07/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Famous as F*ck" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.