Today, the name “Pink Grenade” might be unfamiliar to you, but just you wait; in two months, the SMH Records crew will be Famous as F*ck. That’s quite the claim but, listening to their first Booth feature, I almost believe it. From Jonathan Hay and Mike Smith‘s beat, featuring a time-tested pop chord progression along with an ear-catching sax solo, to the nine-piece ensemble’s varied, yet uniformly appealing vocals, this record seems tailor-made to get in the listener’s head and stay there. The guest 16 by NYC rap buzzmaker Troy Ave, well, that’s just the icing on the cake. This joint isn’t attached to any larger project but, if its central thesis holds true, we’ll be hearing much more from Pink Grenade in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 07/3/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.