Today, the name “Pink Grenade” might be unfamiliar to you, but just you wait; in two months, the SMH Records crew will be Famous as F*ck. That’s quite the claim but, listening to their first Booth feature, I almost believe it. From Jonathan Hay and Mike Smith‘s beat, featuring a time-tested pop chord progression along with an ear-catching sax solo, to the nine-piece ensemble’s varied, yet uniformly appealing vocals, this record seems tailor-made to get in the listener’s head and stay there. The guest 16 by NYC rap buzzmaker Troy Ave, well, that’s just the icing on the cake. This joint isn’t attached to any larger project but, if its central thesis holds true, we’ll be hearing much more from Pink Grenade in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 07/3/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.