Today, the name “Pink Grenade” might be unfamiliar to you, but just you wait; in two months, the SMH Records crew will be Famous as F*ck. That’s quite the claim but, listening to their first Booth feature, I almost believe it. From Jonathan Hay and Mike Smith‘s beat, featuring a time-tested pop chord progression along with an ear-catching sax solo, to the nine-piece ensemble’s varied, yet uniformly appealing vocals, this record seems tailor-made to get in the listener’s head and stay there. The guest 16 by NYC rap buzzmaker Troy Ave, well, that’s just the icing on the cake. This joint isn’t attached to any larger project but, if its central thesis holds true, we’ll be hearing much more from Pink Grenade in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 07/3/14
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.