The Naked Soul of Sweet Jones was the final project conceived in Chad Lamont Butler’s lifetime, but nobody familiar with rap history should be surprised to find the UGK legend Still Pimpin’, nearly four years after his tragic passing. Sure enough, the lead single off Pimp C‘s second true solo album finds him living it up like he never left, Grippin’ on the Wood in his tricked-out automobile. Over his own sweltering, Southern-fried street boardwork, the Houston icon is joined by his former partner-in-rhyme—after the headliner invites a few fly females into his ride on the opening verse, Bun B grabs the mic for a little of his trademark stunting: “I be wood wheel steerin’ and vogue tire turnin’, and big money earnin’ like I come from Mt. Vernon.” Meridian, Mississippi fast-riser Big K.R.I.T. does his forebears proud on the back, flaunting his own candy-painted slab in a fresh closing 16. Like what you’re hearing? More previously-unreleased material from the late, great Pimp C awaits on Still Pimpin, due out July 12 via Rap-A-Lot/Fontana.
Written by richard on 06/15/11
Submit your Rating
Rap-A-Lot/Double Dose Ent./II Trill Enterprises/Fontana
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cut It Out ft. Pimp C & Sean P." (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.