The Naked Soul of Sweet Jones was the final project conceived in Chad Lamont Butler’s lifetime, but nobody familiar with rap history should be surprised to find the UGK legend Still Pimpin’, nearly four years after his tragic passing. Sure enough, the lead single off Pimp C‘s second true solo album finds him living it up like he never left, Grippin’ on the Wood in his tricked-out automobile. Over his own sweltering, Southern-fried street boardwork, the Houston icon is joined by his former partner-in-rhyme—after the headliner invites a few fly females into his ride on the opening verse, Bun B grabs the mic for a little of his trademark stunting: “I be wood wheel steerin’ and vogue tire turnin’, and big money earnin’ like I come from Mt. Vernon.” Meridian, Mississippi fast-riser Big K.R.I.T. does his forebears proud on the back, flaunting his own candy-painted slab in a fresh closing 16. Like what you’re hearing? More previously-unreleased material from the late, great Pimp C awaits on Still Pimpin, due out July 12 via Rap-A-Lot/Fontana.
Written by richard on 06/15/11
Rap-A-Lot/Double Dose Ent./II Trill Enterprises/Fontana
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cut It Out ft. Pimp C & Sean P." (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.