If you, like me, were an avid video-gamer during the late ‘90s, prepare for a blast from the past. GTFU, the latest single and first Booth feature from Bostonian trio Pilot Nation, opens with the pre-race jingle from Mario Kart 64. After that nostalgia-inducing intro, the record begins in earnest, with emcees Jeff Replay and Stizzy (Crewmate Nick Gray sits this one out.) urging listeners to “get the f**k up” over a grimy, abrasive synth-brass groove. In addition to handling production duties, Goodwin directs and edits the joint’s official visuals. Like what you’re hearing? You can find this cut and many more bangers on new mixtape Expensive Heat, available now for download via the group’s Bandcamp page.
Written by richard on 04/8/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.