If you, like me, were an avid video-gamer during the late ‘90s, prepare for a blast from the past. GTFU, the latest single and first Booth feature from Bostonian trio Pilot Nation, opens with the pre-race jingle from Mario Kart 64. After that nostalgia-inducing intro, the record begins in earnest, with emcees Jeff Replay and Stizzy (Crewmate Nick Gray sits this one out.) urging listeners to “get the f**k up” over a grimy, abrasive synth-brass groove. In addition to handling production duties, Goodwin directs and edits the joint’s official visuals. Like what you’re hearing? You can find this cut and many more bangers on new mixtape Expensive Heat, available now for download via the group’s Bandcamp page.
Written by richard on 04/8/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.