A freshly-formed duo made up of singer/violinist Emily Wells and DJ/producer Dan the Automator, Pillowfight introduce their fresh fusion of hip-hop and soul to listeners in the Booth with single number two off their self-titled debut album. Reprising the decaying-relationship themes of its predecessor, the non-featured Get Your Sh*t Together, Used to Be features Wells ruefully chronicling her disillusionment with her man over her collaborator’s smoky, almost Gothic (dig that pipe organ!) instrumental backdrop. Watch for Pillowfight (the LP) to hit record stores and online retailers January 22, via Bulk Recordings.
Written by richard on 01/11/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)