A freshly-formed duo made up of singer/violinist Emily Wells and DJ/producer Dan the Automator, Pillowfight introduce their fresh fusion of hip-hop and soul to listeners in the Booth with single number two off their self-titled debut album. Reprising the decaying-relationship themes of its predecessor, the non-featured Get Your Sh*t Together, Used to Be features Wells ruefully chronicling her disillusionment with her man over her collaborator’s smoky, almost Gothic (dig that pipe organ!) instrumental backdrop. Watch for Pillowfight (the LP) to hit record stores and online retailers January 22, via Bulk Recordings.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.