A freshly-formed duo made up of singer/violinist Emily Wells and DJ/producer Dan the Automator, Pillowfight introduce their fresh fusion of hip-hop and soul to listeners in the Booth with single number two off their self-titled debut album. Reprising the decaying-relationship themes of its predecessor, the non-featured Get Your Sh*t Together, Used to Be features Wells ruefully chronicling her disillusionment with her man over her collaborator’s smoky, almost Gothic (dig that pipe organ!) instrumental backdrop. Watch for Pillowfight (the LP) to hit record stores and online retailers January 22, via Bulk Recordings.
Written by richard on 01/11/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.