A freshly-formed duo made up of singer/violinist Emily Wells and DJ/producer Dan the Automator, Pillowfight introduce their fresh fusion of hip-hop and soul to listeners in the Booth with single number two off their self-titled debut album. Reprising the decaying-relationship themes of its predecessor, the non-featured Get Your Sh*t Together, Used to Be features Wells ruefully chronicling her disillusionment with her man over her collaborator’s smoky, almost Gothic (dig that pipe organ!) instrumental backdrop. Watch for Pillowfight (the LP) to hit record stores and online retailers January 22, via Bulk Recordings.
Written by richard on 01/11/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.