When Soul Food came out back in 1997, everybody connected with the character of “Big Mama” and felt her persona in their own loved ones. In 2011, Pill pays homage to his own “mama” and feeds us some musical soul food with Why It Gotta Be Like Dis? (Mama), from his upcoming project, The Epidemic EP. The Maybach Music/Warner Bros signee brings a different energy on a song that plays on whimsical notes that remind you of PM Dawn’s Set Adrift on Memory Bliss, which is perfect for Pill, who reminisces on the times he shared with his favorite woman in the whole wide world: his mother. Matt (of Illfonics) paints the perfect picture for Pill to narrate with production encompassed of a steady drums, cymbals and tinkling sonics that invite anyone to leave the trap and take a trip down Memory Lane. With openly honest lyrics Pill will surely be able to draw sentiment from any rough and tumble listener; hey, where would any of us be without our mothers? Stick with The DJBooth as we keep you posted on Pill’s The Epidemic EP, coming soon.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 11/2/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)