Just how hard does the bass beat out Pill‘s trunk when he’s out on his hustle? Well, imagine he’s affixed a basketball hoop to the trunk, and Scottie Pippen and Tim Duncan are taking turns banking it off the “backboard;” yep, that’s about right. That unlikely image serves as the centerpiece of the Maybach Music Group signee latest mixtape single, a hard-nosed selection which finds the Atlanta representative more determined than ever to grind his way to that big money—all while blasting his tunes at eardrum-shattering, noise ordinance-violating volume. Beatsmith Cy Fyre does it big on the production tip, layering ominous synths over an appropriately gargantuan rhythm section as Pill delivers hard-nosed verses soaked in b-ball/coke-themed street slanguistics: “We got the trap slammin’ like the n*gga Blake Griffin / We keep the softball since you say you like sniffin’.” So, readers, think this joint would sound good in your ride? More trunk-bangers await on Pill’s latest street album, The Diagnosis, released earlier this month and available here for free download.
Written by richard on 07/31/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.