Just how hard does the bass beat out Pill‘s trunk when he’s out on his hustle? Well, imagine he’s affixed a basketball hoop to the trunk, and Scottie Pippen and Tim Duncan are taking turns banking it off the “backboard;” yep, that’s about right. That unlikely image serves as the centerpiece of the Maybach Music Group signee latest mixtape single, a hard-nosed selection which finds the Atlanta representative more determined than ever to grind his way to that big money—all while blasting his tunes at eardrum-shattering, noise ordinance-violating volume. Beatsmith Cy Fyre does it big on the production tip, layering ominous synths over an appropriately gargantuan rhythm section as Pill delivers hard-nosed verses soaked in b-ball/coke-themed street slanguistics: “We got the trap slammin’ like the n*gga Blake Griffin / We keep the softball since you say you like sniffin’.” So, readers, think this joint would sound good in your ride? More trunk-bangers await on Pill’s latest street album, The Diagnosis, released earlier this month and available here for free download.
Written by richard on 07/31/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.