Just how hard does the bass beat out Pill‘s trunk when he’s out on his hustle? Well, imagine he’s affixed a basketball hoop to the trunk, and Scottie Pippen and Tim Duncan are taking turns banking it off the “backboard;” yep, that’s about right. That unlikely image serves as the centerpiece of the Maybach Music Group signee latest mixtape single, a hard-nosed selection which finds the Atlanta representative more determined than ever to grind his way to that big money—all while blasting his tunes at eardrum-shattering, noise ordinance-violating volume. Beatsmith Cy Fyre does it big on the production tip, layering ominous synths over an appropriately gargantuan rhythm section as Pill delivers hard-nosed verses soaked in b-ball/coke-themed street slanguistics: “We got the trap slammin’ like the n*gga Blake Griffin / We keep the softball since you say you like sniffin’.” So, readers, think this joint would sound good in your ride? More trunk-bangers await on Pill’s latest street album, The Diagnosis, released earlier this month and available here for free download.
Listen to More: Pill
Written by richard on 07/31/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.