Just how hard does the bass beat out Pill‘s trunk when he’s out on his hustle? Well, imagine he’s affixed a basketball hoop to the trunk, and Scottie Pippen and Tim Duncan are taking turns banking it off the “backboard;” yep, that’s about right. That unlikely image serves as the centerpiece of the Maybach Music Group signee latest mixtape single, a hard-nosed selection which finds the Atlanta representative more determined than ever to grind his way to that big money—all while blasting his tunes at eardrum-shattering, noise ordinance-violating volume. Beatsmith Cy Fyre does it big on the production tip, layering ominous synths over an appropriately gargantuan rhythm section as Pill delivers hard-nosed verses soaked in b-ball/coke-themed street slanguistics: “We got the trap slammin’ like the n*gga Blake Griffin / We keep the softball since you say you like sniffin’.” So, readers, think this joint would sound good in your ride? More trunk-bangers await on Pill’s latest street album, The Diagnosis, released earlier this month and available here for free download.
Written by richard on 07/31/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.