Just how hard does the bass beat out Pill‘s trunk when he’s out on his hustle? Well, imagine he’s affixed a basketball hoop to the trunk, and Scottie Pippen and Tim Duncan are taking turns banking it off the “backboard;” yep, that’s about right. That unlikely image serves as the centerpiece of the Maybach Music Group signee latest mixtape single, a hard-nosed selection which finds the Atlanta representative more determined than ever to grind his way to that big money—all while blasting his tunes at eardrum-shattering, noise ordinance-violating volume. Beatsmith Cy Fyre does it big on the production tip, layering ominous synths over an appropriately gargantuan rhythm section as Pill delivers hard-nosed verses soaked in b-ball/coke-themed street slanguistics: “We got the trap slammin’ like the n*gga Blake Griffin / We keep the softball since you say you like sniffin’.” So, readers, think this joint would sound good in your ride? More trunk-bangers await on Pill’s latest street album, The Diagnosis, released earlier this month and available here for free download.
Written by richard on 07/31/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)