Much like Common once classically took us to The Corner in his native Chicago, fast-rising rapper Pill is now set to take us on a journey to see what life is like On Da Korner of his ATL hometown. While Pill is certainly no slouch on this standout mixtape cut, I’d be remiss if I didn’t first mention Needlz’ hypnotizing production. His beat is the cinematic soundscape that makes Pill’s tales truly come to life. (Oh, and that sample’s from Suzanne Vega’s Left of Center. I hope you appreciate the attention to detail, that one took some research.) Back to the lesson as hand – namely, Pill’s flow. Just like we heard on his last feature Thoughts, while he may not be as deep as the aforementioned Common, Da Korner once again proves that he’s far too talented to be written off as “just another banging Southern rapper.” Hate if you want, but this one’s earned a spot in my headphones. For more tales of life on the corner, be sure to check out Pill’s latest mixtape 11:40 The Overdose, out now.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/24/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.