Much like Common once classically took us to The Corner in his native Chicago, fast-rising rapper Pill is now set to take us on a journey to see what life is like On Da Korner of his ATL hometown. While Pill is certainly no slouch on this standout mixtape cut, I’d be remiss if I didn’t first mention Needlz’ hypnotizing production. His beat is the cinematic soundscape that makes Pill’s tales truly come to life. (Oh, and that sample’s from Suzanne Vega’s Left of Center. I hope you appreciate the attention to detail, that one took some research.) Back to the lesson as hand – namely, Pill’s flow. Just like we heard on his last feature Thoughts, while he may not be as deep as the aforementioned Common, Da Korner once again proves that he’s far too talented to be written off as “just another banging Southern rapper.” Hate if you want, but this one’s earned a spot in my headphones. For more tales of life on the corner, be sure to check out Pill’s latest mixtape 11:40 The Overdose, out now.
Listen to More: Pill
Written by Nathan S. on 06/24/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.