Diamonds, asphalt, the motorcycle level in Battletoads for the NES—all extremely hard, but they might as well be feather pillows compared to Pill. On I’m Hard, his first feature since August 2012’s Ain’t Stettin Yall, the unsigned ATLien proves this to be the case, hooking up with a certified reader fave to deliver bars that hit home with more force than a left hook from Mike Tyson. DJ Toomp‘s interlocking synth riffs and stomp-clap percussion gets heads nodding as Pill and Alabama mic-murderer Yelawolf show off their relentless double-time flows. Over the Counter Drugs still lacks a drop date, but those who enjoyed this high-impact cut can keep it locked for further news and tunes leading up to its eventual arrival.
Written by richard on 10/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.