Diamonds, asphalt, the motorcycle level in Battletoads for the NES—all extremely hard, but they might as well be feather pillows compared to Pill. On I’m Hard, his first feature since August 2012’s Ain’t Stettin Yall, the unsigned ATLien proves this to be the case, hooking up with a certified reader fave to deliver bars that hit home with more force than a left hook from Mike Tyson. DJ Toomp‘s interlocking synth riffs and stomp-clap percussion gets heads nodding as Pill and Alabama mic-murderer Yelawolf show off their relentless double-time flows. Over the Counter Drugs still lacks a drop date, but those who enjoyed this high-impact cut can keep it locked for further news and tunes leading up to its eventual arrival.
Written by richard on 10/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.