Many artists use their origins as an inspiration for their music, whether it’s their state, city, or neighborhood. Pill, who hails from the “Pink City” block in Atlanta, has found exactly such inspiration on his new track Hear Somebody Comin’. The record has a gritty, realistic feel that proves Pill is an artist on the rise. Produced by Tha Bizness, the second the beat drops, a loud siren blares in the background and Pill immediately drops the ominous hook: “I think I hear somebody coming.” His first verse comes in quick and fast, but is smooth, and his flow is reminiscent of rapper Papoose. Pill has his fingers on the pulse of pop culture and proves it with lines like “I’m the caped crusader, you gonna have to unmask me.” Hear Somebody Comin is the first leak off the new Evil Empire & DJ Skee Presents 4075: The Refill Mixtape, which is set to drop November 17.
Written by matt juss on 11/5/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.