Update: Click “Listen Now” above to watch Pill’s “4 Life” video.
They say that signing to Maybach Music means signing away your right to sleep, and sure enough I’d have to imagine that at this point Pill‘s blood has been replaced almost entirely by Red Bull. Fresh off tearing down our A3C stage the Atlanta native is right back on the grind with new release 4 Life, a track that offers a ground level view on the trappings of, well, the trap. Brall Beats is the production visionary behind Life, injecting a slowly unraveling synth line with some head-nod inducing percussion. The beat’s exactly the spark Pill needed to ignite some of his best work in recent memory as he spits double-time flows that also serve as a commentary on the struggle to build a successful life for yourself when the only the only tools around you are illegal: “Could have got a scholarship, but probably wouldn’t go / tryin to tell you bout this hood sh*t but you probably wouldn’t know.” While I’ll leave the final word to members of the Booth below, this is exactly the kind of cut that will get listeners properly hyped for the release of Pill’s upcoming The Epidemic EP, out in November.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/11/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.