I know it’s Friday, but with PHZ-Sicks’ new single, today might as well be hump day; the other kind of hump day. Setting the mood on the steamy The Love Scene III is Stompboxx Music, who cooks up a winding, snapping beat that is smooth, but has enough pop to keep the energy up. With a fluid, unique flow—thanks to his ever-so-slight whispering—the Woodbridge, VA native dishes out some sultry bars that run right along with the theme of the cut (to say the least!). Joining the Booth veteran are guests Scolla and Alison Carney, both of whom spice things up with an R&B-esque vibe thanks to their silky, energetic crooning. If you loved The Love Scene III then be sure to check out PHZ’ The Moment project, due out early next month.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make 'Em Envy" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.