If you were raised by the type of parents who think the existence of starving children in Africa is a compelling argument in favor of plate-cleaning, you’ve probably also heard this line: “They’re only bullying you because they’re jealous.” That, of course, is absolute B.S. when it comes to the schoolyard, but the sentiment holds surprisingly true in the rap game. Booth newcomer PHZ-Sicks takes hate as proof he’s doing something right (to paraphrase DJ Z) and accordingly he loves to Make ‘Em Envy. This newly-leaked mixtape cut sees PHZ joining forces with DMV neighbors Marky and KingPen Slim for a lyrical free-for-all sure to leave the doubters steamed. Over Best Kept Secret‘s hazy beat, featuring the same vocal snippet from M.O.P.‘s Ante Up that Dilla sampled on the similarly-titled/themed Make ‘Em NV, the collaborators deliver confident verses packed with vivid similes and punchline-driven braggadocio. Unlikely to elicit any hate from our discerning readers, this track can be found on PHZ-Sicks’ Less Than Zero mixtape, set to hit the ‘net Oct.1.
Written by richard on 09/24/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Parker Lewis" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.