Whether you’re a fan or not, you’re no doubt familiar with Kelly Clarkson‘s megahit Behind These Hazel Eyes; released in 2005 as the third single off sophomore album Breakaway, the record continues to receive radio play to this day. Be that as it may, Arman “Bebe Boohgz” Dixon and Sumu “Wa Peace” Walusimbi of Physha P have accomplished the seemingly-impossible feat of making this well-worn record sound new again. Here I Am, a cut off the duo’s forthcoming Welcome to NEXT Level Hip-Hop mixtape, finds Boohgz refashioning the American Idol winner’s chart-smashing breakup song into a driving, guitar-heavy beat, and both members match the instrumental’s intensity with high-energy verses detailing their plans to conquer the rap game. Here I Am introduces Physha P as a duo with plenty of potential, and should help build anticipation for NEXT Level Hip-Hop‘s March release.
Written by richard on 01/5/09
Submit your Rating
Da Fam Music & Ent. LLC
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.