Whether you’re a fan or not, you’re no doubt familiar with Kelly Clarkson‘s megahit Behind These Hazel Eyes; released in 2005 as the third single off sophomore album Breakaway, the record continues to receive radio play to this day. Be that as it may, Arman “Bebe Boohgz” Dixon and Sumu “Wa Peace” Walusimbi of Physha P have accomplished the seemingly-impossible feat of making this well-worn record sound new again. Here I Am, a cut off the duo’s forthcoming Welcome to NEXT Level Hip-Hop mixtape, finds Boohgz refashioning the American Idol winner’s chart-smashing breakup song into a driving, guitar-heavy beat, and both members match the instrumental’s intensity with high-energy verses detailing their plans to conquer the rap game. Here I Am introduces Physha P as a duo with plenty of potential, and should help build anticipation for NEXT Level Hip-Hop‘s March release.
Written by richard on 01/5/09
Submit your Rating
Da Fam Music & Ent. LLC
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.