Whether you’re a fan or not, you’re no doubt familiar with Kelly Clarkson‘s megahit Behind These Hazel Eyes; released in 2005 as the third single off sophomore album Breakaway, the record continues to receive radio play to this day. Be that as it may, Arman “Bebe Boohgz” Dixon and Sumu “Wa Peace” Walusimbi of Physha P have accomplished the seemingly-impossible feat of making this well-worn record sound new again. Here I Am, a cut off the duo’s forthcoming Welcome to NEXT Level Hip-Hop mixtape, finds Boohgz refashioning the American Idol winner’s chart-smashing breakup song into a driving, guitar-heavy beat, and both members match the instrumental’s intensity with high-energy verses detailing their plans to conquer the rap game. Here I Am introduces Physha P as a duo with plenty of potential, and should help build anticipation for NEXT Level Hip-Hop‘s March release.
Written by richard on 01/5/09
Da Fam Music & Ent. LLC
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.