Nobody enters the game thinking that making it big as an emcee will be easy – then again, few have the foresight to realize just how difficult it is before they’re too far in to turn back. For Phreshy, the Brooklyn native formerly known as Ayo, all that matters is being able to look back on his relentless grind and say that it was all Worth It. This newly-leaked mixtape cut finds producer Nylez setting a pensive mood with piano and subdued synth ambiance as the man who brought us Sex and Candy gives us a glimpse into the life of a major-label signee whose success is still far from a sure thing: “Time’s tickin’, I’m tired of politickin’... tryin’ to protect my health, my enemy’s the shelf.” Judging by this insightful cut, Phreshy certainly has the skills to make it – here’s hoping all his hard work pays off. In the meantime, fans of this talented up-and-comer can expect more new tunes in the near future; the artist’s forthcoming mixtape has yet to receive a title or release date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 07/22/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stacks on Deck" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.