Nobody enters the game thinking that making it big as an emcee will be easy – then again, few have the foresight to realize just how difficult it is before they’re too far in to turn back. For Phreshy, the Brooklyn native formerly known as Ayo, all that matters is being able to look back on his relentless grind and say that it was all Worth It. This newly-leaked mixtape cut finds producer Nylez setting a pensive mood with piano and subdued synth ambiance as the man who brought us Sex and Candy gives us a glimpse into the life of a major-label signee whose success is still far from a sure thing: “Time’s tickin’, I’m tired of politickin’... tryin’ to protect my health, my enemy’s the shelf.” Judging by this insightful cut, Phreshy certainly has the skills to make it – here’s hoping all his hard work pays off. In the meantime, fans of this talented up-and-comer can expect more new tunes in the near future; the artist’s forthcoming mixtape has yet to receive a title or release date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 07/22/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stacks on Deck" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)