Nobody enters the game thinking that making it big as an emcee will be easy – then again, few have the foresight to realize just how difficult it is before they’re too far in to turn back. For Phreshy, the Brooklyn native formerly known as Ayo, all that matters is being able to look back on his relentless grind and say that it was all Worth It. This newly-leaked mixtape cut finds producer Nylez setting a pensive mood with piano and subdued synth ambiance as the man who brought us Sex and Candy gives us a glimpse into the life of a major-label signee whose success is still far from a sure thing: “Time’s tickin’, I’m tired of politickin’... tryin’ to protect my health, my enemy’s the shelf.” Judging by this insightful cut, Phreshy certainly has the skills to make it – here’s hoping all his hard work pays off. In the meantime, fans of this talented up-and-comer can expect more new tunes in the near future; the artist’s forthcoming mixtape has yet to receive a title or release date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 07/22/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stacks on Deck" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.