Nobody enters the game thinking that making it big as an emcee will be easy – then again, few have the foresight to realize just how difficult it is before they’re too far in to turn back. For Phreshy, the Brooklyn native formerly known as Ayo, all that matters is being able to look back on his relentless grind and say that it was all Worth It. This newly-leaked mixtape cut finds producer Nylez setting a pensive mood with piano and subdued synth ambiance as the man who brought us Sex and Candy gives us a glimpse into the life of a major-label signee whose success is still far from a sure thing: “Time’s tickin’, I’m tired of politickin’... tryin’ to protect my health, my enemy’s the shelf.” Judging by this insightful cut, Phreshy certainly has the skills to make it – here’s hoping all his hard work pays off. In the meantime, fans of this talented up-and-comer can expect more new tunes in the near future; the artist’s forthcoming mixtape has yet to receive a title or release date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 07/22/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stacks on Deck" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.