Nobody enters the game thinking that making it big as an emcee will be easy – then again, few have the foresight to realize just how difficult it is before they’re too far in to turn back. For Phreshy, the Brooklyn native formerly known as Ayo, all that matters is being able to look back on his relentless grind and say that it was all Worth It. This newly-leaked mixtape cut finds producer Nylez setting a pensive mood with piano and subdued synth ambiance as the man who brought us Sex and Candy gives us a glimpse into the life of a major-label signee whose success is still far from a sure thing: “Time’s tickin’, I’m tired of politickin’... tryin’ to protect my health, my enemy’s the shelf.” Judging by this insightful cut, Phreshy certainly has the skills to make it – here’s hoping all his hard work pays off. In the meantime, fans of this talented up-and-comer can expect more new tunes in the near future; the artist’s forthcoming mixtape has yet to receive a title or release date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 07/22/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stacks on Deck" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.